- Additional Information
The FieldScout TDR300 has two volumetric water content modes; one for standard soils and one for higher clay soils. In volumetric water content (VWC) mode, the meter converts a measured electrical signal into percent soil moisture content using an equation valid over a wide range of mineral soils.
In irrigation mode, the meter displays a relative water content (RWC) on a scale of 0 to 100 corresponding to a user-defined upper and lower soil moisture reference level. Water deficit, the amount of water needed to bring the soil moisture content up to the upper reference level, is also calculated and displayed.
The reference levels are easily programmed into the meter with the accompanying software. Create up to 2 management sites based on your soil types and crop needs. Use the raw reading mode (measurement period in microseconds) to do soil-specific calibrations.
Calibration feature added in 2012 - Includes the option to perform a calibration on an individual meter. The calibration is done in 2 media: air and distilled water. Meters with firmware versions earlier than v. 6.5 can be upgraded by purchasing and installing an updated microcontroller chip.
- Instantaneous readings of root zone soil moisture
- Connects to any GPS receiver with serial output**
- Equipped with internal data logger and RS-232 port
- Records 3,250 measurements (1,350 with added GPS/DGPS option*)
- Configure and download meter with FieldScout software (included)
- Compatible with SpecMaps online web-mapping application. Click here for an explaination of how the FieldScout TDR300 soil moisture meter along with a GPS and SpecMaps helps with irrigation by measuring, recording and visulaising soil moisture.
- Pilot hole maker optional for hard surfaces, such as cricket squares
- Rods sold separately
* Spectrum’s PC cables connect to a 9-pin serial port. USB-Serial adapter (item 3661USB) required for connection to computers with only USB ports.
** GPS interface requires two cables. The GPS/DGPS cable (item 2950CV5) is available from Spectrum. A PC serial interface cable supplied by the manufacturer of the GPS receiver is also required.
Power: 4 AAA alkaline batteries
Contents TDR300 meter, carry case, jack to serial cable and FieldScout software for downloading data readings.
Rods need to be purchased separately.
Manuals click for Manual Search direct from Spectrum Technologies.
- First Class Post £3.95
- Interlink (Premium Courier - 1 hr time slot notification) £4.99
- Royal Mail Tracked £7.99
- Free delivery on orders over £100.